Lending a Helping Hand (Parent's Devotional)
During this holiday season, we are reminded of how special Jesus is to us. He is our Savoir, Redeemer, and Father. He helps us in times of need, and also during times when we don’t think we need help.
For those who are struggling at this time of year, let’s lend a helping hand. Ask a friend how you can be praying for him or her. Bring dinner over to your neighbor. Open doors for the elderly. As children of God, we are called to help our family in Christ, especially when they are hurting.
Here are a few verses that show us why we should help others. I encourage you to read over them and ask God how you can live out the message of each verse.
· Hebrews 13:16 – “And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.”
· John 15:12 – “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”
· Matthew 5:42 – “Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.”
· Proverbs 19:17 – “Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.”
· Philippians 2:4 – “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
Some of our Forever Moriah families are in need of prayer right now, so we ask that you take some time to help them by praying for them. Skylan, a DIPG fighter, and her family could use some prayer for her health and strength right now. Also, Kristopher’s family could use prayers for support since Kristopher went home to heaven not long ago.
We are praying for you all. Merry Christmas!